Traffic Related Deaths
Traffic Related Deaths
The massive and exponential increasing numbers of road users every year is mind blowing, as there are 224.4 million licensed drivers in 2015 and has significantly increased in 2019 up to 229 million. In our previous blog, it is know that the more cars and busy the road is occupied, the higher the chances an accident to occur. These accidents
has only two results which are: injuries either minor or major and deaths, which occurs on extreme and intricate form of accident has happened.
Wrongful death is a term for a specific claim wherein a person have died due to negligent and malicious actions from an at-fault party who can be held liable for a death with a help from a lawyer, it can be passed to the court and can be acknowledge as a legal pursuit of claim.
Deaths caused by Car Accidents
Here are some facts and data gathered from the past few years and a retrospect of deaths caused by car accidents:
- There are an estimated number of 35,200 people died in 2015 in U.S. alone caused by car accidents.
- The traffic death rate has raised up to 7.7 percent over the past few years according to data gathered by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- That number mentioned above is actually increasing and outnumbers every highest number every year recorded according to National Safety Council (NSC).
- There are estimated 100 people are killed in traffic related accidents each day across all U.S. states according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there is an observable high increase in fatalities among bicyclists and pedestrian in the past few years.
- In these past years, 94% of all car accidents are caused by human behavior or error according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Some factors or some human behavior shown that lead to accident are drunk driving, fatigue driving, overspeeding and distracted driving according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
As what have stressed out in the few statements above, human behavior contributes up to 94% of all car accidents occurred across U.S., one these behavior is the seatbelt misusage and disregard which is deemed to be a significant factor to contribute to the death rate of car accidents.
In an estimation by studies, if 100% of drivers use seatbelts across the country, there should be atleast 3,000 lives could be saved every year. In relation to this, drunk driving without seatbelt is also fatal scenario wherein it has more than 10,000 counted and reported deaths that could have prevented each year.
If ever you or one of your family members has been involved or has experienced an road accident as a victim that has render to sustain significant injuries, you can always refer help from a professional experienced injury lawyer to smoothen things out as your hired lawyers can help you decide from their factual and legal advices.
is an Ohio based injury lawyer that represents victims of personal injury caused by car accidents, medical malpractice due to medical professional's negligence, and even wrongful death against large companies, agencies and even individuals. We have 40 years of experience doing our service in this field and evidently successful with our civil litigations. Call our office now for free legal consultation.