Food Poisoning in Restaurants
Food Poisoning in Restaurants
Today, in our modern time, it is more common to see people on any occupation and age prefers to order or even eat at restaurants. With technology as its main partner in keeping restaurants alive by staying its convenience and availability, they have stood against time but whats impeding a specific restaurant from success and continued operations is the fact that there are miniscule chances of issues and blunders by that restaurant. For starters, bad food preparation has caused a landing of cockroach in the food upon delivery and even food poisoning has caused most restaurants to close not by accordance to its customers, but to government's accord and human standards.
Food poisoning is the consumance of contaminated food and has caused an illness, may it be nausea, vomiting, diarrhea that may include mucus or blood, general abdominal pain, fatigue and loss of appetite
. One of the most common causes for food poisoning is bacteria
. The bacterium Escherichia coli (E. coli)
are two that have been found to contaminate many types of foods, including vegetables like lettuce or ground beef with tomato sauce. You might also find these in eggs if they're not properly handled after being laid by a chicken who has E-coli infection on its oviducts, intestines, lungs or feathers - even though their droppings do not contain it.
Foodborne illnesses can come from viruses too; norovirus is one example often linked to contaminated shellfish such as oysters which enter our waterways polluted with sewage for unexplained methods and returns to the ocean as a host for disease and where our source for food will be extracted.
Food Poisoning Statistics
In some studies, restaurants has evidently doubles up the outbreak of food poisoning such as:
Common Foods that causes Food Poisoning
- According to Center for Science in the Public Interest, there are 3,900 occurred cases of foodborne illnesses in the last 10 years in US.
- 1,600 of the numbers above has been linked with restaurant meals that has faultly prepared and has affected 28,000 people in the period.
- Only 900 home cooked food- induced cases of food illnesses, an unfortunately huge gap for the industry that would hurt their economy in the long run.
- On the bright light, the cases of food poisoning and related fell off by 42% from 2002 to 2011 according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- In retrospec, 48 million people experiences food poisoning combining both restaurant and non restaurant produced foods, 128,000 of the sample was hospitalized and 3,000 recorded fatalities according to CDC.
If you're like most people, your fridge is stocked with a variety of food items. It can be difficult to remember every single thing that could potentially cause an illness or stomach issue when it's sitting in the back of your mind. Here are some common culprits according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC
- Raw and Unpasturized Milk
- Green Leaves
- Chicken and chicken derivatives products
Can you sue an establishment or an individual for the damage dealt upon you by food poisoning?
You may have suffered from some form of poison after eating out with friends this past weekend or in your own home while cooking for yourself on Sunday morning - but whoever put those toxins into their products is legally responsible. An injury lawyer who takes care of unsuspecting people just like you every day so don't hesitate to call and hire one right away as they offer an array of upsides.
The process of seeking justice and compensation for the damages you have experienced is literally free. Normally, it would cost hundreds to thousands in medical fees alone just to recuperate and function correctly. This fact alone can be a major encouragement to those who want their voice heard after being wronged by someone else's carelessness- especially if they are not rich themselves like many food poisoning victims tend to be as well.
has successfully litigated and settled cases over food poisoning, including one of a college student who became paralyzed from the waist down after contracting salmonella. If you've been injured due to contaminated foods or need help with your case, please call
us today for free consultation.