Rainy Season Driving
Rainy Season Driving
Car accidents are caused by different factors, either small or huge, they could contribute for an occurrence of an accident. In previous blogs, we have talked about mechanical errors and human errors
which tend to result in fatal accidents.
However, environment-dependent factors such as bad road condition caused by negligence and weather condition that has rendered several road users to lose control over their vehicle, offered little to none vision, and other negative driving factors that could lead to accident.
In continuation of our weather-related car accident blogs such as winter season road accidents
, next is rainy season driving experience and its entailed risks. This blog will shed light to road users about driving during rainy season its risks, what options and countermeasures do they have, and legal actions they can do if they have been involved or caused the crash during rainy season.
Rainy Season Accidents in Retrospect
These numbers below are from Federal Highway Administration (FHA
)'s observation that has spanned from 2007 up to 2016, a 10 year average and percentages:
Tips on Safe Travel During Rainy Season
- Rain-related accidents from 2007-2016 has resulted in 556,151 crashes that led to 212,647 persons who have sustained injuries and 2,473 persons have died.
- Speaking of percentage, involvement of rain in weather-related accidents at 10% from all crashes, 10% from total sustenance of injuries from crash, and 8% of crash that has resulted in fatalities. And in 10 year average scale, thes percentages rise up 5-fold, specifically, 46% of weather-related crashes, 51% of weather-related injuries, and 46% of weather-related fatalities.
- There are around 5.9 million vehicle crashes that occur yearly on average, among these numbers, 21% of them are weather related (1.2 million).
- According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the average number of people who have been fatally involved in a car accident is around 5,000 and 418,000 has sustained injuries in weather-related crashes each year such as rain.
- Check weather broadcast before travelling
- Make sure your car's tires are good for wet road and is in generally good condition.
- Headlights must be turned on
- When not managable, pull over slowly and with caution
- Drive slow, allow other drivers to have space as well
If ever one of your family members or closests friend has been involved in an accident during rain who have sustained either minor or significant injuries
and even a possible case of amputation because of a driver has shown apparent negligence and recklessness and caused an accident and render the victim to have life-threatening injuries and condition
or is confused about the context of how the accident have happened, you can always refer help from a professional experienced injury lawyer to smoothen things out as your hired lawyers can help you decide from their factual and legal advices and can help you sort things out legally rather than settling over cash offer without damage calculation and future's regards.
is an Ohio based injury lawyer that represents victims of personal injury caused by car accidents, medical malpractice due to medical professional's negligence, and even wrongful death against large companies, agencies and even individuals. We have 40 years of experience doing our service in this field and evidently successful with our civil litigations. Call our office now for free legal consultation.